Washing with the modular system
Sonett Laundry Powder or
Sonett Laundry Liquid
Sonett Bleach Complex and Stain Remover
The advantages of washing with the modular system
In traditional heavy duty detergents, the detergent, softener and bleaching agent are all mixed into one component. If the components are separate from each other, as is the case with the Sonett modular washing system, the respective detergent may be used in ideal dosage, according to the local water hardness and the degree of soiling – this being the most economical and ecological way of doing your laundry.
- Basic detergent: Made from pure vegetable soap with coconut oil alcohol sulphate and sugar surfactant
- Bleaching agent: Pure oxygen bleach (sodium percarbonate)
- Softener: Silicates (zeolite), sodium carbonate and salt of citric acid instead of phosphates
Tips for stain removal
5 basic rules
- Remove stains as soon as possible and then wash the fabric as usual (follow label instructions).
- If possible, mechanically remove large stains in advance.
- Treat stains outside in.
- Dab stains on delicate fabrics, do not rub or brush.
- Test the colour fastness on a small hidden area before treating the stain.
Sonett products for stain removal:
- Gall Soap
- Stain Removal Spray
- Orange Power Cleaner
- Bleach Complex
- Laundry Rinse
Fruit, grass and vegetable stains
Apply Sonett Gall Soap, leave for a few minutes, rinse out and wash as normal. Please test the colour fastness of the garment on a small hidden area before treating the stain.
Apply some undiluted Sonett Orange Power Cleaner, leave for a few minutes and then wash out. This is ideal for removing fat stains on delicate garments. Or treat with Sonett Gall Soap or Sonett Stain Removal Spray, see above.
Pen and ink
Can generally be removed well with Sonett Gall Soap or Sonett Stain Removal Spray.
Milk, blood and egg-white stains
Thoroughly rinse out all egg-white stains using cold water, then, if necessary, treat with Sonett Gall Soap.
Coffee and tea stains
Pre-treat the stain with lemon juice or Sonett Laundry Rinse, rinse thoroughly and then wash as normal. Light fabrics can be washed as normal with Sonett Bleach Complex (50 °C), without any pre-treatment.
Cocoa and chocolate stains
Spray on Sonett Stain Removal Spray and leave on to be effective for 10 minutes, then rinse or put garment straight into the washing machine.
Place blotting paper on the wax and carefully warm with a hair-dryer. Remove the remaining wax with a solvent. Be careful with hot irons. In this case the wax liquefies too quickly and can become fixed to the fibres.
Rust and old blood stains
Place the stain in Sonett Laundry Rinse, rinse with cold water and then wash as normal using Sonett Bleach Complex, if possible.
Separating the laundry:
- Separate your laundry according to the washing instructions on the garment’s label.
- Separate dark and light clothes in order to avoid colours turning grey.
- Turn coloured clothes inside out before washing. This way, the colour stays bright for a longer period of time, and streaking is avoided.
- Make sure to empty the pockets of all coats, jackets, and trousers before washing and close the zips and buttons.
- Treat stains with Sonett Gall Soap before washing or according to the tips for stain removal.
Filling the machine correctly:
Fill the machine (front loader) so that there’s a fist’s width between the washing and the drum. This way the detergent dissolves better, the clothes are cleaner and residues are thoroughly rinsed away.
Drying the laundry:
- After washing, take the laundry out of the machine as soon as possible. This is particularly important when the washing cycle is below 60 °C, as remaining micro-organisms can multiply and lead to a musty smell in the washing.
- Leave detergent drawer (front loader) and door/lid open after use for better ventilation.
- Remember that hanging-up laundry is the most energy-efficient way of drying.
- Dryers should not be over-loaded and the washing should not be left in too long.
Sportswear and microfibres
such as Goretex, Sympatex, Softshell etc.
Please read the garment’s label. Unless otherwise instructed, proceed as follows:
- Select setting for a delicate (warm) wash (40 °C)
- Use Sonett Laundry Liquid Color, ensure that you use the correct dose
- Select additional rinse cycle
- Spin-dry very gently
- If using a tumble dryer, set at a low temperature and use a smaller load.
Down jackets and pillows
Laundry Liquid for Wool and Silk is quite well tolerated by down. Note: Whilst drying, down must be continually moved in order not to stick together.
Unless otherwise indicated, please proceed in the following way:
- Select gentle wash cycle (30 °C)
- Use Olive Laundry Liquid for Wool and Silk without softener
- Add extra rinsing cycle
- Spin very gently only
- Tumble-dry small load at low temperature
- Important: Keep shaking the downs every now and then when drying them on a washing line.
Wash sheepskin only when airing, beating and brushing the item are no longer of any use, and the less often the better. Even washable sheepskins generally tend to become hard after washing; therefore the best way of cleaning is one which keeps the leather as dry as possible.
Unless otherwise instructed, proceed as follows:
- Depending on the size of the sheepskin, place the same size towel over the edge of a bath tub and lie half of the sheepskin on this.
- Using the shower head and lukewarm water quickly wet the skin; avoid soaking this as much as possible.
- Mix Sonett Olive Laundry Liquid for Wool and Silk in a small container with water (approx. 5 ml = 1 full teaspoon in 100 ml of water = 1 small yoghurt tub) and shampoo half the sheepskin and, if necessary, treat any stains with it.
- Then quickly rinse, using the shower head and lukewarm water and ‘press dry’ with a hand towel. Repeat this procedure for the other half of the sheepskin.
- Place on a clothes horse to dry and while drying, shake occasionally. Please do not place it in the sun or near radiators. The dried skin can then be brushed with a coarse brush and will look as good as new.
Washing in the washing machine not recommended
Wash in a gentle cycle at indicated temperature
Normal washing, up to the indicated temperature
Tumble drying not recommended
Tumble drying at a moderate temperature
Tumble drying at high temperature
Ironing at low temperature
Ironing at medium temperature
Ironing at high temperature